Compliance and Data Protection Officer
Southport | Compliance and Data Protection
Posted on 25th January 2022
Salary: £28,000.00 - £35,000.00 per year
Closing Date: 31st March 2022
We have an exciting new role here at The MCL Group. Working as a Compliance and Data Protection Officer you will be a member of the senior leadership team, this position is to deliver first line adherence to our 9001, 45001, 22301 ISO standards and the Data Protection Act 2018 across the Group.
This role requires someone who isn’t afraid to take on a challenge, a dynamic, self-motivated and optimistic individual who is a driven leader and is able to move quickly and respond to change and direction with ease. Ideally experienced gained from the service sector rather than manufacturing, we are looking for a candidate that can shape our compliance and data protection practices and ensure the company continues to meet the requirements of and maintain our ISO standards and complies with the Data Protection Act 2018. This will be a central role within the organisation so we are looking for a practical focused approach to support making the operation a success, you will be a true advocate for excellence.
The role will be based at the Group’s Head Office in Southport and will report directly to the CEO.
Full training and support will be provided, this is an exciting position for someone who wants to develop and make a positive difference.
- Maintain and improve the Group’s integrated management system
- Proactively monitor and maintain the Group’s Risk Register
- Provide support, education and training to staff to build risk and compliance awareness
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed
- Attend external party audits
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments, anticipate emerging risks, consider the implications and possible solutions and articulate their relevance and impact upon the company
- Monitor and audit company compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018
- Manage the Data Protection Management System
- Manage all Data Subject Access Requests in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018
- Ensure that DPIA’s are completed in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Carry out Data mapping exercises
Skills and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Influential and analytical with attention to detail
- Good commercial awareness
- Comfortable with responsibility, pressure, working to deadlines & managing their own workload
Sorry, at this time we can only accept applicants based inside the UK.
We notice you are in United States
If you feel this is an error, please use our contact page to get in touch.
Please do not use the contact form to apply for a position.