Senior Business Intelligence Developer and Power BI developer
Southport | Senior Business Developer
Posted on 05th October 2020
Salary: £55,000.00 per year
Closing Date: 30th November 2020
Senior Business Intelligence Developer and Power BI developer (Up to £55,000 per annum pro rata)
MCL Medics are a UK wide Occupational Healthcare and Remote Medical provider who are looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Developer and Power BI developer ( Part time with flexible working) to work on software development, database architecture, data analysts and data scientists on strategic data initiatives. You will be responsible for expanding and optimising data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimising data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced Power BI developer who enjoys optimising data systems and building them from the ground up.
As the Senior Business Intelligence and Power BI Developer you will be responsible for:
Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- To have responsibility for the delivery of BI into a significant business stream, working with available tools to design, develop, unit test, implement, and maintain BI solutions.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify visualisation / analytic outputs in Power BI
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL/Non-SQL and AWS technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilise the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer health data
- operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- For developing, constructing, maintenance and testing of data architectures, such as databases and large-scale processing systems
- Clean, aggregate, and organize data from disparate sources and transfer it to data storage for analysis. Making sure the companies data technology is operating at its peak results in massive improvements to performance, cost, or both
- Owning the stability of new products designed, including the on-going robustness, resilience and stability of these products
- Building and maintaining custom ingestion pipelines
Experienced using the following software/tools:
- Expert use of Data Visualisation in Power BI
- Data tools
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools
- AWS cloud services: S3, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages
- Data Integration / Archiving / Relational Databases and Data Warehousing
- MS SQL, Logic Apps, Function Apps, SSIS, SSRS
The Successful Applicant
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Expert use of Power BI
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimising ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
Sorry, at this time we can only accept applicants based inside the UK.
We notice you are in United States
If you feel this is an error, please use our contact page to get in touch.
Please do not use the contact form to apply for a position.